Wollersheim Winery's Open House Full of Flavor
-Experience the world of wine through tours, tastings, and talks-
Prairie du Sac, Wisconsin - Indulge your palate and expand your food & wine expertise at Wollersheim Winery’s Open House! On Saturday, March 2nd and Sunday, March 3rd, visit the winery to tour, taste and learn about the delicious and fascinating world of wine, from the vineyard beginnings to the delicious finish, through a variety of educational activities paired with an assortment of culinary experiences.
- Winery Tours: In lieu of regular tours, enjoy a self-guided tour behind the scenes while learning through interactive educational displays throughout the modern-day fermentation room and historic underground aging cellars, plus other wine production areas.
- Wine Tasting: As you tour, taste five wines, including the Platinum award-winning wines Prairie Fumé and Dry Riesling, barrel-aged Pinot Noir, aperitif wine White Port and Best of Class winner, Blushing Rose.
- Cooking with Wine: Become a culinary pro while enjoying a taste through the “cooking with wine” demonstrations! Executive Chef Paul Short and Executive Sous Chef Aaron Glaza feature Pinot Noir during the morning cooking demo and Dry Riesling in the afternoon demo both days.
- Cheese Basics: Learn the art of cheese appreciation with a cheese expert from Cedar Grove Cheese including tips on serving cheese with style, pairing cheese to make the most of its flavor as well as purchasing tips and proper cheese storage.
- Food & Wine: Lunch items from local Wyttenbach Meats available for purchase from 11am to 3pm. Wine can also be purchased by the glass during the event.
- Winemaker Talks: Celebrate American wine history with Winemaker Philippe as he shares a look back and into the future across 200 years.
- Grapevine Pruning: Learn pruning techniques for home grapevines as Wollersheim shares what they’ve learned about growing grapes in Wisconsin with a visit outside* among the vines to show actual pruning. (*Dress for the elements.)
- Fun for All Ages: This family-friendly event has interactive displays dispersed among tour stops that offer unique opportunities to learn about growing grapes, distilling brandy, plus discover the various wildlife who visit our vineyards. The bottling line will also be in action for you to see.
For an Open House event schedule, visit visit our website's Events Page.
Come indulge your palate and wine knowledge with your family and friends! For more information about Wollersheim Winery wines or the upcoming Open House, call (608) 643-6515 or visit our website's Events Page. (Please note: The Annual Open House is open to the public with no admission fee.)