In the News
- Winemaker Philippe Coquard appeared on Wisconsin Public Radio's Larry Meiller Show to discuss "The Character and Culture of Beaujolais Nouveau." Click here to listen to the broadcast. | Posted on November 19, 2013
- Salon, the award winning online news, named Wisconsin one of "Four unexpected Wine Regions Worth Visiting" ! Click here to read the article. | Posted on November 18, 2013
- Julie appeared on the Milwaukee TV station WTMJ-4’s Wisconsin Tonight to talk about our TripAdvisor honor. Watch the broadcast here. Posted on October 23, 2013
- Wollersheim Winery named one of "America's Top 10 Winery Tours" by TripAdvisor! Click here to view this story. Posted on October 1, 2013
- Winemaker Philippe speaks with Channel 27 about this year's harvest. Click here to view this news story. | Posted on September 11, 2013
- "Wollersheim Winery is a slice of wine country in Wisconsin" by Chelsey Lewis | Posted July 7, 2013 Read Blog Post.
- The Wisconsin State Journal shares the excitement on tap for Wollersheim in 2013. Take a read of the Sunday, April 14, 2013 article by Barry Adams, COQUARD BRANDY MAKES A SPLASH | Wollersheim Winery's raises profile further with foray into distilling.
- The news waves are buzzing with excitement about our most recent award of Dry Riesling being named “Wine of the Year” at the 2013 San Diego International Wine Competition!:
Wisconsin State Journal: Read article.
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: Read article.
Sauk Prairie Eagle: Read more.
Maurice’s Cru Blog (judge at competition): Read Blog post.
San Diego International Wine Competition: Learn more.
Wisconsin Foodie: Read article.
- 3-19-13 | The excitement for ALL-Wisconsin brandy extends near and far! Writer Courtney Lochner shares her “spirited” enthusiasm for the anticipated release of Wollersheim’s brandy. Read "Drink Your Heart Out Cognac, Wisconsin's Bringing Brandy Back" post.
- Winemaker Philippe stops by NBC Madison to discuss the tasty details of our Port wines and Port Wine Celebration! Click here to view his Friday, January, 25, 2013 interview with Morning Show host, Christine Bellport.
- "That's the spirit!" | Gena Kittner of the Wisconsin State Journal explores Wisconsin's long love affair with brandy that has been reignited by local distillers... including Wollersheim! Read Article | posted January 17, 2013
- Thanks to Erin Clune of Wisconsin Life(From Wisconsin Public Radio) for braving the cold during our 2012 Ice Wine harvest. It was a chilly day but the rewards were sweet! Take a listen at wilife.tumblr.com and view photo gallery of images from harvest.
- Baraboo News Republic - January 6, 2013 |Eagles on display all winter long in Sauk Prairie - As the eagles settle in and make the Sauk Prairie area their home for the winter, writer Jeremiah Tucker offers a wonderful overview of “the eagles on display”, including right in our own backyard! Read Article.
- Our 2012 harvest was a whirlwind event! And with all of the uncertainty the spring frost and summer drought left, we had a number of media report on the wrap-up of this year’s interesting season:
•Wisconsin State Journal - Aug. 23 | "Grape harvest leaves little reason to whine" > Read Article
•Wisconsin Public Radio - Aug. 22 | "Spring Frost, Summer Drought Impact Grape Harvest" > Read Story
•WKOW TV - Aug. 23 | "Wollersheim Winery sees less in quantity, more in quality this season" > View News Clip
•The Chippewa Herald - Aug. 25 | "Dry, hot summer leads to sweet harvest for local vineyards" > Read Article
•Sauk Prairie Eagle - Aug. 29 | "Slight but quality harvest" > Read Article
- Lee Roberts of JournalTimes.com featured the Sauk Prairie Riverway in her July 8, 2012 summer day trip series. Roberts’ article, “Adventures in Cheeseland: Sauk Prairie Riverway is a tranquil summer escape” also shares details about her visit to the winery.
- John Garland from the Twin Cities publication “Heavy Table” paid us a visit to see what all the buzz of “Winery of the Year” was all about. Here’s what he discovered while here: http://heavytable.com/wollersheim-winery-prairie-du-sac-wi
- The Weekly Wine Journal stopped by for a visit in March – while our vineyards were unseasonably green but always just as beautiful! Click here, to read the April 11, 2012 post, view pictures and video.
- The start of the 2012 growing season has kept Wisconsin’s farmers on their toes – including us here at the winery. An unseasonably warm March led to the earliest bud break winemaker Philippe has ever seen, and then an April frost swooped in and threatened those delicate buds.
Madison news stations NBC TV 15, WKOW TV 27 and WISC TV 3 stopped by Wollersheim to discuss the serious hazards the recent string of chilly weather poses, and even NPR’s All Things Considered called Philippe to discuss the state of our vineyards, and something called a Frost Dragon. Plus, Bob Meyer, Agriculture Broadcaster with Brownfield Ag News, visited with Julie for his story on frost affecting Wisconsin grapes, apples, cherries... Take a listen or view TV segments by clicking respective links above.
- Maryann Bouche of the Midwest Wine Press shares a great write-up celebrating our 40 extraordinary years! Take a read.
- NBC 15 News Anchor Leigh Mills shares her enthusiasm for our Brain Cancer Research Fundraiser in January 2012 by having Winemaker Philippe on the air to talk about our founder, Bob Wollersheim, along with the delectable details of the event. Click here to view segment.
- Wine writer Linda Murphy, of Decanter Magazine, U.S. Correspondent for JancisRobinson.com and other food and wine publications, shows her enthusiasm for the Badger State with some amazingly kind words about our recent accolades. On Wisconsin! Click here to read her article titled, "March Madness for Wollersheim Demonstrates Wine Competition Sanity".
- Lindsay Adjavor from area radio station WTDY stopped by the winery as part of “There’s No Place Like Sauk City” feature. Listen to the two-part piece she put together about the history, Wisconsin wines and, of course, Winemaker Philippe. -- Part 1 | Part 2
- Palate Press (The Online Wine Magazine) referenced Wollersheim Winery and shares thoughts from Winemaker Philippe in their "Wisconsin Counts on Cold Climate Grapes" article by Howard Hewitt on July 10, 2011. Read it here.
- Dr. Liz Thach, a wine business professor at Sonoma State University in California and "Master of Wine" added Wollersheim and Cedar Creek Wineries to her Wine Travel Stories with her blog post on July 5, 2011. Read it here.
- Associated Press (AP) visited the winery during our 2010 Ice Wine Harvest on Wednesday, December 8, 2010. The story was picked up by numerous outlets. Below are links to the article, pictures and video segment generated following AP's visit.
Article - Authentic Ice Wine vs. Cheaper, Artificial Ice Wines
Video - Frozen Conditions Needed for Rare Wisconsin Wine
- Coquard Brothers in the News! View Milwaukee Journal Sentinel newspaper article.
- WKOW TV 27 Wollersheim Winery is Positively Wisconsin Read it here.
- America's Heartland showcases Wollersheim Winery. View Wine & Romance TV episode.
- WisconsinFoodie visits Wollersheim Winery. View Episode.